So, I am hoping to get better at updating this. I guess it's just a matter of getting into the habit. This is probably my third or fourth attempt at updating, but I always seem to get stuck after one paragraph, and then have other things that need doing!
So Seth's work in ministry is well underway. We are learning how to live life with a less predictable schedule than the past year of 9 - 5. It has definitely been a challenge for both of us. I would love to make a very detailed schedule and stick to it, but Seth prefers one with a bit more freedom, and one of his own making, which is definitely ok. I've realized though that I am someone who feels a lot more productive, and a lot happier with a schedule, and one that's made well ahead of time. On a happier note, Seth has really been enjoying his time ministering to students both at the Carleton Navigators, and with our church's young adults group. Naomi and I were even able to join him at the Navigators Fall retreat earlier this month, which was a challenge, but definitely worth it!
Naomi is growing like a weed, and definitely makes my life interesting! I really don't know where this girl came from. Her personality is so unlike mine or Seth's that we can find her a bit of a challenge at times. She is strong-willed and independent, and definitely knows what she wants! She is also such a monkey, and is always on the go and into everything. She's also the cutest thing I've ever seen, and has become much more affectionate in the past few weeks, which has been nice to say the least. Her latest "tricks" are spinning in circles, climbing into all of our cupboards, and blowing bubbles in the bath (and sometimes trying to drink the bathwater directly out of the bath). She's had a couple of rough nights this week though which might have something to do with her new molar which is just starting to make it's way through. Last night was especially rough, with little to no sleep for all of us between 3:30 and 6. I'm hoping for a better sleep tonight!
My pregnancy is going pretty well. I am now 29 weeks pregnant, and am just beginning to feel the desire for the pregnancy to be over. I can definitely feel the baby a lot more this time around, and often feel as if the baby is trying to escape through my skin. My back and ribcage are also starting to hurt a lot more, and my walking speed has slowed dramatically. I have to hold Seth's arm whenever we're walking together so that he doesn't get too far ahead of me. However we have a huge list of things to accomplish before the baby comes, and I know that as difficult as pregnancy may be, a newborn baby is not any easier, so I can definitely wait at least 8 more weeks!
Well, I'd better not be too ambitious, but I'll try to do a November update too!
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for posting Rebie - and glad to hear you guys are doing well. I love the title; it reminds me of something your dad would say! :)
ReplyDelete