Saturday, May 19, 2012

¿En Español?

So for months now I have been trying to teach Naomi how to count. For a long time she would count repeating two and three over and over again. i.e. One, two, three, two, three, two....and so on. I tried teaching her all the way up to ten, but she showed no interest in that, so I figured I'd start small and just try and get her to count to four. Finally, after weeks of trying, she finally included the number four. Unfortunately, in order to do so, she left out the number three. So now she counts like this, One, two, four, two, four...etc.  I still count with her whenever I can, but I figure she will get it in her own time, just like everything else, so I'm not going to push her.

Well, this morning, we're sitting on the couch together, and Naomi starts to count her cheerios. She points to them and says, "Uno, dos, tres, cuatro!" Seth and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing. The first time she counts to 4 perfectly, and it's in Spanish! Can you say too much Dora?

Enjoying Dora together.

1 comment:

  1. This post made our day and gave us a good chuckle as well. It's wonderful that Naomi is expanding her counting -- learning and growing so quickly. Love the photo of Naomi and Jonah together.

    Hugs and kisses for all our beautiful grandkids and some for you and Seth as well.

    Love, Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete