Here are some fun facts of our last four years. Since getting married:
- We have had 3 homes
- Seth has had 5 jobs
- We have kissed at least 36,525 times
- We have taken 12,073 pictures. (no joke, I counted)
- I have been pregnant for 50% of our marriage
- I have been nursing for 63% of our marriage, and
- We have changed approximately 9,546 diapers!
ANNNNND...since I love lists so much, here are four top four lists of the last four years! (see a theme here?)
1. My Four Favourite Things about Seth
1. His dedication and commitment to me and the kids.
2. His uncanny parenting skills.
3. His strong love of learning and seeking the truth. I really respect and admire this about him.
4. His willingness to serve and to help. (I think you can split that diaper number down the middle, because Seth has changed as many as I have!)
2. The Four Hardest Times We've Been Through
1. The loss of my mother.
2. The first ten weeks as parents (Why doesn't anyone tell you!? And would you really listen if they did?)
3. Seth fund-raising his salary for his work with the Navigators (thank you to all who supported us!)
4. All three pregnancies. My mom said during pregnancy you're a bit crazy and definitely not yourself...I'm inclined to believe her!
3. Our Four Biggest Adventures
1. Getting lost in Greece on our honeymoon.
2. Living on Hopewell Avenue. (Let's just say, old house, older landlord, rats, druggies, and fire alarms!)
3. Seth's Navigator's internship. (What a learning experience!)
4. Three children under three. (enough said)
4. The Four Most Important Lessons I've Learned
1. Respect should be just as unconditional as love. I would be devastated if Seth told me I had to earn his love, he would feel just as devastated if I were to tell him he had to earn my respect.
2. Never say the 'd' word. If you're in it for life, the word divorce should never come up, even in the worst of arguments.
3. Sometimes you have to suck it up and let go of anger and resentment. Even if one of us doesn't deserve forgiveness, it's the only way for a marriage to survive!
4. Seth is not a mind reader. As much as I would love for Seth to know exactly what I would like as a gift, or what the most romantic gesture would be, or how I'm feeling right at this moment, the fact is, he doesn't. Sometimes, I have to tell him.
That's it for now! Stay tuned for next year's blog, "We Survived to Number Five!" (years, not kids)

Great blog post. We always love reading your blog, and even more so being so far away from home. We hope you had a beautiful day and wish you a Happy Anniversary and a year filled with happiness, love and many blessings. Wishing you many more wonderful years of marriage,
ReplyDeleteLove, Bev and Al
This is awesome! I think you need to keep writing these, with all that spare time you have!
ReplyDelete